The Jones Group, L.L.C. is the product of three generations of home building and land development in East Louisville and Oldham County. The original company was founded by Carl “June” Clore in the early 1950’s and was passed down to his son-in-law Bob Jones in 1967, and most recently to his grandson Clay Jones in 1997. The three generations have built more than 1,000 homes in the local area.
How we compare to other builders
The Jones Group offers energy efficient home building materials and
quality construction. Take a look at how we compare to other builders.
Your Home will be LG&E ‘Energy Smart’
The Jones Group has made a commitment to build very energy efficient new homes by joining the LG&E ‘Energy Smart’ Home program. The standards of this program require certification by an independent contractor (Metro First) who tests and verifies that our homes are built to the rigorous Energy Smart standards. This program requires the use of advanced insulation techniques combined with energy efficient windows and heating and air equipment. This translates to much lower utility bills for our homeowners. Click here for further information. Your home will also receive a HERS Score that quantifies the level of your home’s efficiency.
Low HERS Score Means Big Savings for You
HERS stands for ‘Home Energy Rating Score’. Our homes are tested and inspected by an Energy Rater who is professionally trained to score homes based upon their level of energy efficiency. This score is very similar to the MPG rating of a car. Most of our homes over the last few years have scored between 60 and 70, which means that our homes are 30-40% more energy efficient than another new home built to code, and as much as 60-70% more efficient than existing homes. All of this means that you will save $ every month on your utility bills.
All of the following materials greatly improve the quality, longevity, and attractiveness of your home.
- Thermal insulation barriers for bonus rooms and tubs/showers near exterior walls
- Weather tape around all windows doors and all seams on the exterior sheathing (To seal out moisture)
- ZIP Waterproof exterior sheathing (Huberwood) (instead of poorly insulated O.S.B. or plywood)
- 10 Year warranty for basement leaks
- Exposed Aggregate Concrete for sidewalks front porch and rear patio (on-walk out basements)
- Fiber reinforcement in all concrete drives and sidewalks (This helps prevent unsightly cracks)
- All bath/kitchen counter tops are granite, quartz or marble
- 4000 PSI concrete in all floors sidewalks drives and foundation walls
- 5/8″ roof sheating (for a stronger roof)
- Ice guard flashing in all roof valleys
- Brick exteriors (siding is only used where necessary or by request)
- Trane heating and cooling equipment
- R-44 ceiling insulation and R-15 walls
- Lifetime termite treatment (Bora Care)
- Passive radon removal pipe
- Insulated basement walls
- Low-E windows
- Moen faucets (Moen sink and tub faucets)
- Crown molding in the entryway, dining room and master bedroom
- Trey ceilings in the master bedroom
- Fluted door jambs on all door openings
- Ceramic tile showers
- Custom built cabinetry by the Barber Cabinet Co.
- Hardwood floors in the entryway kitchen & dining room
- GE microwave dishwasher & range
- Glass shower door on the master shower